Re: Installing X

On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 13:50, Designer wrote:
> I'm new to Debian distributions. I used the rescue floppy to get a
> kernel installed, via the Internet. However, I'm not familiar
> with the Debian method of installing X. Can someone point me to some
> documentation, or a url, or a verbose string of commands to
> "apt-get" X ?

Hi,

have a look at the 'dselect' command - if you are new to Debian it is
probably better to install packages that way.

But as far as I can remember, 'apt-get install x-windows-system' should
get you everything you need - of course you still have to install gnome
or kde apart from that.

Hope that helps

Matt