Dell Latitude CPxH500

Hi all,

I got a Dell Latitude CPx500 and i intend to have it with windows98 and
linux. So far, the partitioning worked and managed to install the debian
distribution i have on CD's 2.1r13, but the xfree86 does not seem to
recognise the video ATI-Rage. Therefore i only have text screen. :o(

After downloading the 4.0.1 version of Xfree86, this does not seem to
come to terms with the debian distribution i have.

Now, I think it would be reasonable to install the Debian 3.0, but i
still have not succeeded.

Any hints, procedures or tips on how-to?

Thanks

Alex