Re: Linux on Toshiba Satellite 210 CS

> I would like to use my old Toshiba Satellite 210 CS with Linux +Xwindows.
It is a
> weak machine (P120, 1.3HDD, 16MB RAM) and standard edition RH 6.1 running
so
> slowly that it is impossible to use it for work.
> I would like to ask in following questions:
> 1. Which distribution is the most suitable for this resources?

Hmm... :)  Debian of course, this is debian-laptop@ ! :))
Seriously, Debian, read Laptop-HOWTO and feel it yourself.

> 2. Is it even possible to run X on 16MB RAM or better forget it?

It is possible, but things will be very slow. I recommend XFree 3.3.6
(not 4.x) and light WM, for instanse, blackbox. Also, you'll likely need
much swap space (64Mb?).

> 3. Is it possible to install and then use Office package like OpenOffice
on my
> Toshiba?

You'd better forget about OpenOffice. I guess, even AbiWord will go slowly.
As for browser, many people recommend links2.