IBM T22 Hibernation

Hello Philipp and others,

I have had a IBM laptop too, with hibernation possibilities. The hibernation feature needs a file on the harddisk with the same size as your memory. This file is made by the IBM utility when you enable the hibernation feature.
The problem is -- I think -- that this feature needs a fat-16 partition as first partition (hda1) where the memory can be stored when the laptop enters the hibernation mode.

The solution could be:
- Create a fat-16 formatted partion a few mb's bigger than your memory.
- Startup from a ms-dos or windows bootdisk containing the IBM dos utility.
- Run the utility and enable the hibernation feature. This creates a hibernationfile.
Now the hibernation feature must work.

Greets,

Marc de Hoop
--