RE: external mouse

fre, 2002-07-26 kl. 15:37 skrev Jay:
> Hi Andreas.
>
> I'm starting to see a pattern here...most posts that I have read in this
> forum, users complain about some fault with debian, specially with Dell
> Inspiron models. I will steer clear from Dell laptops from now on.
>
> Anyway, you should be able to use both at the same time (PS/2 and touch
> pad), but if you want to plug a mouse in w/o restarting the PC you should
> work with a serial mouse. It won't lock up on you when you plug or unplug.

Whats this with Dell i8k, mine i8100 works great (most of the time he
he)...

I'm using a ps2 mouse when on the desktop and that works fine, I can
plug it in and unplug it without problems (and restarts), once I pluged
a usb mouse in and it worked right away...(some logitech I think),
ofcourse I have usb support compiled in the kernel (2.4.17) and hotplugs
i guess..! And usbutils

-->Negon