Re: how to make my Thinkpad a Linux box

What I did in a similar situation (machine doens't have a floppy and the
CDROM cannot boot) is to use fips, repartition windows to minimal terms,
downlads the kernel into the wndows partition and use syslinux to boot
from it. I haven't tried on newer windows but on 95/98 worked great. I
then use the windows partion as swap.

graziano