Re: how to make my Thinkpad a Linux box

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 10:22:40AM -0300, Luciano Andino wrote:
> Hi to everyone! I'm new with Linux and laptops and want to put maybe?
> Debian on it. My problem is: My IBM Thinkpad 560X 200MHz (win98) has no
> cdrom o floppy, only a parallel port. How can I make it a Linux Box? Is
> it possible with an external ZIP if it is not booteable?
I had a similar problem; my friend's Thinkpad 365XD can't boot by cdrom,
and we were without a floppy drive. Since it came with Windows, what we
did was running some installation program (don't remember the name)
from the Debian CDs.
But since I can't reinstall anything, I'd like to hear other solutions
to this problem.

--
Leonardo Boiko
 "How idiotic, nobody from a hundred years ago is around today. All