Re: Lexmark laser

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 06:06:38PM +0000, Simon Ross wrote:
> Saw the last post about an Epson printer which got an excellent answer.
> :-) So here is my printing problem...
>
> Dell Inspiron 8000
> Debian Woody kernel-2.4.17
> Lexmark Optra E310
>
> If anyone has a setup like this and it's all working. Then please let me
> know if you can help.

Ooh, I fear you may be in trouble.  Memory tells me the 310 model is Windows
only (like the winmodems, software controlled).  But maybe I remember wrong
and its the model which works perfectly.  Lexmark sells both kinds.

By the way, Lexmark's Linux support for Optra is in fact fantastic (apart
from the Winprinter model, whichever one it is), they. provide full specs and
everything.

The page that tells you all about this kind of news is, quite simply,
www.linuxprinting.org.  Best printing support is found through the foomatic
scripts.  I think Debian has cupsomatic, which sets it up easily with CUPS.
But I use lprng, not CUPS, the site has instructions on what to do for lprng
too.

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://people.debian.org/~dparsons/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A