Re: XFree86 - startx

It turned out to be the wrong driver which xf86config
placed in the XF86Config file. It wrote 'vga' while it
should have been a 'trident' driver.

Now that I have XFree86 running does anyone know why
the 800x600 is not workting properly? The only section
where the video resolution is entered in the
XF86Config file is in the "Screen1" section:

Section "Screen"
   Indentifier    "Screen1"
   Device         "Trident Cyber9525"
   Monitor        "3110CT Display"
   Default 16

   Subsection "Display"
      Depth   8
      Modes  "640x480"
      ViewPort 0 0
   EndSubsection
   Subsection "Display"
      Depth 16
      Modes "800x600"
      ViewPort 0 0
   EndSubsection

According to the video driver specs the highest res
for this laptop is 800x600 therefore the Default at 16
is ok. xf86config wrote in the ViewPort entry. Im not
sure what's that for.

The display does appear without any apparent errors.
There are three xterm windows which appear by default
(I dunno where they got configured). The window's
title bar is an ugly color teal-green =) and an xclock
at the upper-right handside. Colors I can deal with
(eventually), but the problem is that the xterm
windows go past the screen (both above and below). If
this window-size restriction should have been set
using the X86Config why are the windows past the
screen?

The X86Free documentation is not clear on this. Any
help would be greatly appreciated!

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/product/pdf_files/detailed_specs/portege_3110ct.pdf
> > http://newsletter.toshiba-tro.de/main/index.html
> >
> > I created my XF86Config file with xf86config tool.
> > Thank you if you can.
> >
> Hi!
>
> 'no screens found' means that X is not properly
> configured.
> You have to provide the list with the proper
> information before
> asking...:-)
> * Tell us what you installed: Potato, Woody? There
> is a difference
> between the versions of X  in these two and how you
> configure it.
>
> Have checked the http://linux-laptop.net if there is
> a Debian + Toshiba
> 3110ct installation description there?
>
> Cheers,
> HÖ
>
> --
> ~~~~ <http://www.sacred-eagle.com/> ~~~~
> ~~~~~~ Gnupg signature ID 83AC4814 ~~~~~

name=signature.asc