Re: XFree86 - startx

I was able to get XFree86 started, but the display is
larger than the screen. My XF86Config reads the
DefaultDisplay at 16 and the Display Mode is "800x600"
which I know this laptop display does support.

Im I missing something? According to the XFree86
documentation this seems to be the only place in the
XF86Config where any sort of dimensions ae written. Im
using teh appropriate video device driver for the
correct video driver.

Any ideas?

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/product/pdf_files/detailed_specs/portege_3110ct.pdf
> > http://newsletter.toshiba-tro.de/main/index.html
> >
> > I created my XF86Config file with xf86config tool.
> > Thank you if you can.
> >
> Hi!
>
> 'no screens found' means that X is not properly
> configured.
> You have to provide the list with the proper
> information before
> asking...:-)
> * Tell us what you installed: Potato, Woody? There
> is a difference
> between the versions of X  in these two and how you
> configure it.
>
> Have checked the http://linux-laptop.net if there is
> a Debian + Toshiba
> 3110ct installation description there?
>
> Cheers,
> HÖ
>
> --
> ~~~~ <http://www.sacred-eagle.com/> ~~~~
> ~~~~~~ Gnupg signature ID 83AC4814 ~~~~~

name=signature.asc