Re: how to configure orinoco card on tp 380ed ?

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 05:55:00PM -0700, Gale Stafford wrote:
> - Would anyone recommend the orinoco_cs driver instead of the wvlan_cs
> driver?

yes, strongly. I have the same card and thats the module I use. However,
the module itself is in your kernel (if you compiled your own) or
pcmcia-modules-<version> if you're using the debian packages.

You can test if orinoco_cs works by (as root) "modprobe orinoco_cs"
when the card is in. You may have to manually rmmod wvlan_cs first.
If it does, then upgrading your pcmcia-cs to an appropriate level
(exactly which, I'm not sure) will update your config file. Or you can
hand edit it yourself.

> Is there a good ftp site (to add to my sources.list) in order to dowload
> pcmcia-cs.3.1.29 (or higher) deb package?

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib

Replace stable with "woody" or "unstable" depending...