Re: can't see the network -- new debian install on tp 380ed

I just wanted to thank those who responded to the issue with the new debian install on my tp 380ed. My solution turned out to be really simple. I used "pump -i eth0" (pump is apparently the default dhcp client in my debian package) and that configured my network settings. Problem solved! ;-)

Gale

Jaume Guasch wrote:

writes:

Hi Folks -- I installed Debian (2.2.19) on my Thinkpad 380ED using 10-15 floppies that I downloaded, disk by disk, from debian.org. (my cd-rom drive is faulty).

I'm using a Linksys PCMCIA Ethernet Card to try connecting to my LAN.

Hi,
You don't say which version of Linksys and pcmcia-cs package are you
using. For Linksys etherfast V3 you need the pcmcia-cs package from
Woody (testing)

Hope this helps,

Jaume