Re: iBook WLAN

Hi Johannes,
	If the aircard is 802.11b compatible, you should have no problem using
it with another 802.11b compatible access point. If memory serves me
right, I don't think the iBook has a pcmcia slot, so I don't know how
you'd go with anything else other than the aircard (unless the aircard
is mini-pci and you can get another card that works with Macs: remember,
having the same interface doesn't mean they will work on macs/pcs). I
have a cisco aironet 352 with a Linksys Wireless Router and I have to
say it works wonders. It enables you to have both wireless and wired
computers connected, which is ideal while you make the transition to a
100% wireless network. Mine costs me 319$ Canadian Dollars (router
only).

I haven't had a single problem so far in Debian / Linux.

Fish