Re: Cardbus interrupt routing problem on Fujitsu Lifebook 520D

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 10:40:14AM +0200, Mattia wrote:
> Hi,
> if your notebook is quite recent it's possibly an ACPI only laptop. In ACPI

No, it's not particularly recent; it's a 120MHz Pentium, with a BIOS
copyright date of 1996, which I got second-hand.  I had to upgrade its
RAM from 8MB to 40MB to make it useful.

> systems IRQ routing is done by the ACPI subsystem. You should try ACPI
> patches from sourceforge site (http://www.sf.net/projects/acpi) and enable
> API IRQ routing in kernel config.

Interesting.  Although I don't think the machine has ACPI, I'll try it
anyway...  Thanks for the hint.

> Can't you see anything ACPI related in your bootlog?

No.  The standard Debian kernels don't seem to have ACPI built in.

> Do you have many IRQ problems?

This is the first one I've noticed.  I've had the machine for some
months now.

Thanks.  I'll try the ACPI patch in case it helps.

--
Charles Briscoe-Smith             Hacking Free Software for fun and profit
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."