Re: Which Desktop replacement.

Here's a vote in favor of IBM Thinkpads over Dell machines. Not to start a
flame war, but I've had a Dell Inspiron 5000 and 8100 and currently a
Thinkpad A30p. The engineering and build quality of the IBM machine is far
better than the Dells. It also seems to have less of the hardware/BIOS
"quirks" that laptops are famous for. Featurewise, they are similar. The
Dells are cheaper, the IBMs are more solid. Good luck.

Warren