RE: Which Desktop replacement.

Personally, I have used the IBM ThinkPad model
A and T series with pretty good success in installing
Debian.  I have a Model A21p at the moment, and
with a little twisting of IBM's arm, was able
to get the modem drivers from their internal side
since it is built in (Lucent chip set).

Another consultant of ours has one of the new
Mac Titaniums, which I also adore, and it also
has Debian running quite smoothly, though I believe
the configuration and testing of items on the PPC
line is a little slower than the Intel oriented
machines.

Any which case, both are nice choices, just depends
on how much of a machine and $$ you wish to spend
in the end.  A side though, hit eBay for some good
deals there, though maybe no warranty on them being
the con.

--- Crawford