Re: Connecting Cell Phone to Laptop

> Does anyone have any knowledge with connecting a cellular phone to a
> laptop to dialup to a PPP server under Linux? I have a samsung Sprint
> PCS phone and they gave me the "Wireless Web Connection Kit v2.0" It
> only supports m$ and MacOS... I tried some searches on google, but I
> came up with nothing..

I just bought a new Nokia 6160 and data cable and have no trouble.  It's
just like using an external modem (well, it _is_ an external modem).  So I
had to renable my single serial port in the BIOS (but I had to do that
before it would work in Windows, anyway), then copied the pppd configuration
I used for my LT modem (cp /etc/ppp/peers/provider
/etc/ppp/peers/cellphone), changed the device from /dev/modem to /dev/ttyS0.
And "pon cellphone" - viola!
--
derek