Re: Connecting Cell Phone to Laptop

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 10:15:58AM -0400, Chad Thompson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have any knowledge with connecting a cellular phone to a
> laptop to dialup to a PPP server under Linux? I have a samsung Sprint
> PCS phone and they gave me the "Wireless Web Connection Kit v2.0" It
> only supports m$ and MacOS... I tried some searches on google, but I
> came up with nothing..
>
> Thanks for any help in advance...
>
> Chad

I've done it using a Nokia phone (GSM) over the infrared port.  The gnokii
docs helped (but won't help you much ;/), and I think there was a HOW-TO
somewhere for getting the IR connection working (which again doesn't help
you a lot...)

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://people.debian.org/~dparsons/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A