Re: Re[2]: Driver for winmodem smartlink Hamr 5600

> > When I fire up minicom (configured to use /dev/ttySL0) the modem
> > responds just fine on ATZ and ATDT commands (i've dialing in and all)
>
> I ' ve tried to test the modem with the terminal window inside kppp and
> directly from kppp with the option 'query modem', and the situation is the
> same: the notebook does not respond anymore.

> dmesg

> slmdm: country set is 0x59 (ITALY).
> Smart Link AMRMO modem.
> amrmo: probe 1039:7018 Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS PCI Audio
> Accelerator : SiS 960 card...
> PCI: Found IRQ 10 for device 00:01.4
> PCI: Sharing IRQ 10 with 00:01.6
> PCI: Sharing IRQ 10 with 00:03.0
> amrmo: probe 1039:7013 PCI device 1039:7013 (Silicon Integrated Systems
> [SiS]) : SiS 630 card...
> PCI: Found IRQ 10 for device 00:01.6
> PCI: Sharing IRQ 10 with 00:01.4
> PCI: Sharing IRQ 10 with 00:03.0

You could try unloading the module for your soundcard first (in my case
trident.o) and check which devices are sharing IRQ's here
(lspci and look for what devices use 00:01.4/6 and 00:03.0)

3 devices on one ICQ can cause some problems... try if you can to
disable some of them or get them working on another icq.

If it doesn't work, contact Smartlink, their getting more responsive to
support-emails nowadays :)

(/me is currently working with some smartlink tech to fix my own
hamr5600 problem)

--
Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl -- GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT