De: Kevin C. Smith [mailto:smithkevinc@mchsi.com]
Enviado el: viernes, 03 de mayo de 2002 15:58
Para: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Asunto: Dell Inspiron 8200

Just received my Dell Inspiron 8200. The install of Debian (sid) is
going fine, however I'm stuck on the sound.

Dell's manual reads:
	Audio type: AC97 (Soft Audio)
	Audio controller: Cirrus Logic/Crystal CS4205

# lspci reports the same just less specific.

Kernel 2.4.19pre7 is compiled with the i810_audio as a module. The
AC97...? is also a module.

Modules load fine, but fails to play sound. Tried using sndconfig but it
also failed to get sound working.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong. I believe this is the correct driver
for this.

Also any advise/suggestions/warnings with regards to the Dell Inspiron
8200 would be great.

--
Kevin C. Smith           | "A Society that will trade a little liberty
for a