Re: Boot Loader

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:50, Walter Hofmann wrote:
> > Some Linux distros have a "modified" version of LILO which is graphical
> > with a menu (Stormix, Mandrake, as a couple examples).
>
> And Debian! (I'm not sure if it is "modified", but it certainly can do
> graphical logos.)

Debian has a fairly standard LILO.  John and I have similar ideas about how
things should progress, so a patch that I accept is likely to be accepted
upstream quickly...

SUSE has an animated boot screen that I have not included, primarily because
when I had the spare time to look into the matter there were no good patches
available that I could find.

If someone ships me some good patches that apply cleanly to the current
Debian source tree I'll reconsider.