Re: Boot Loader

Cyn wrote:
> 3) I don't see what a boot loader has to do with hibernation - resuming
> from hibernation isn't booting, it's resuming the computer to the state it
> was in before suspend.

It's still booting.  When you hibernate, the system powers off.  So then you
have to be able to boot from that state into either Linux or Windows - and
if windows, resume from hibernate.

> B) I'm not certain I understand this - you want to boot directly into a
> fullscreem VMware session of Windows running under linux?  I was under
> the impression that VMware OS's couldn't share with their Windows
> counterparts - that you needed a separate virtual hard drive for
> VMware's copy of the OS to be installed on... unlike using Wine.

No, you need a separate virtual drive for little bits of it.  But my
short-term trial of VMWare used the existing Windows VFAT partition for all
of the actual software.

> Of course, you always have the option of using NT's bootloader even though
> you're going to be using 98/linux - although the legal and technical
> aspects of that leave much to be desired.

That's about what I thought too.  But why when you can use lilo :-)
--
derek