Re: Maestro3 Howto for a Dell i8k?

Hi delire!

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, delire@selectparks.net wrote:

|> Hi,
|>
|> i'm having a bizarre problem with my Maestro3 card on a dell inspiron 81k.
|>
|> i've taken off ALSA, which proved to be messing things up for the card, but
|> now when i boot into debian both my sound.o and maestro3.o modules come up
|> 'unused'..
|> ..however if i manually rmmod then insmod them [only in order] I have
|> working audio again. modprobing those modules though doesn't work...
|>
|> modules under lsmod:
|>
|> maestro3    (unused)
|> ac97_codec    [maestro3]
|> soundcore    [maestro3]
|> sound    (unused)
|> 3c59x

As long as I didn't use sound, it looks here similary:
sound                  53548   0  (unused)
maestro3               24712   0
ac97_codec              9568   0  [maestro3]

AFAIK soundcore is a remaining part of alsa. - You don't really need it.

|> short of writing a shell script to rmmod then insmod these everytime i want
|> audio, [i am a musician so this is often] . . . . how can i get my modules
|> to 'stick'?

If nothing works:
Did you check and update /etc/modutils/alsa* ?

--
Regards, GR                      | GnuPG-key on keyservers available
Muck, Dickbaer, Nane...          | or mail -s 'get gpg-key'