Re: Maestro3 Howto for a Dell i8k?

(please don't send HTML-mails to lists. thanks)

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:25:55 +0200, delire@selectparks.net writes:
>i'm having a bizarre problem with my Maestro3 card on a dell inspiron 81k.
>
>i've taken off ALSA, which proved to be messing things up for the card,
>but now when i boot into debian both my sound.o and maestro3.o modules
>come up 'unused'..
>..however if i manually rmmod then insmod them [only in order] I have
>working audio again. modprobing those modules though doesn't work...

Hmm, I don't even use sound.o, just soundcore, ac97_codec and mastro3.

Does it work if you just put mastro3 in /etc/modules? It should be
 modprobe'ed then, thus ensuring all the necessary modules are loaded in
 the proper order.

I wouldn't compile mastro3 into the kernel as you'd quite probably lose
 IrDA-support then. (See list-archives)

cheers,
&rw
--
/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer |  CoreTec IT-Security  \
\   <rw@coretec.at>   | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /