Re: Maestro3 Howto for a Dell i8k?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Maestro3 Howto for a Dell i8k?
- From: Robert Waldner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:14:33 +0200
- Message-id: <200204230914.g3N9EXVM010637@localhost>
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:25:55 +0200." <009a01c1ea8f$bda0f5f0$0300000a@ep320xr>
(please don't send HTML-mails to lists. thanks)
On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:25:55 +0200, email@example.com writes:
>i'm having a bizarre problem with my Maestro3 card on a dell inspiron 81k.
>i've taken off ALSA, which proved to be messing things up for the card,
>but now when i boot into debian both my sound.o and maestro3.o modules
>come up 'unused'..
>..however if i manually rmmod then insmod them [only in order] I have
>working audio again. modprobing those modules though doesn't work...
Hmm, I don't even use sound.o, just soundcore, ac97_codec and mastro3.
Does it work if you just put mastro3 in /etc/modules? It should be
modprobe'ed then, thus ensuring all the necessary modules are loaded in
the proper order.
I wouldn't compile mastro3 into the kernel as you'd quite probably lose
IrDA-support then. (See list-archives)
/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer | CoreTec IT-Security \
\ <firstname.lastname@example.org> | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org