Re: WLAN-Card for DELL Inspiron 8100

Hi Karsten!

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Karsten Rothemund wrote:

|> 2. The Laptop has a builtin antenna for WLAN (this makes this solution
|> look so sexy) which will work with a special DELL-WLAN-card (not so
|> sexy). As far as I know, this card has to be installed into the laptop
|> (so, maybe it is too late anyway). But I don't know anything about
|> this card. Anyone with more information here?

Sure. ;)
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/ should help you.

The problem with the dell-card is, it's WLAN-only. This means, if you
decide to build it in, you perhaps will have have to buy at least one
other card (the 100MBit, or the Lucent-Modem) to keep those
possibillities.

--
Regards, GR                      | GnuPG-key on keyservers available
Muck, Dickbaer, Nane...          | or mail -s 'get gpg-key'