WLAN-Card for DELL Inspiron 8100

Hello List,

my Dell Inspiron is running better and better under Linux (Debian)[1].
Now I beginn to think about a WLAN-card, because the University of
Rostock has installed a WLAN-network in most of its buildings. The
problem is, I don't know, if the WLAN-card Dell offers is running with
Linux.

In fact they offer(ed) two variants:

1. a usual PCMCIA-card. This will work - I think - as good as every
other card (and therefor I can take any other of these cards)

2. The Laptop has a builtin antenna for WLAN (this makes this solution
look so sexy) which will work with a special DELL-WLAN-card (not so
sexy). As far as I know, this card has to be installed into the laptop
(so, maybe it is too late anyway). But I don't know anything about
this card. Anyone with more information here?

Thanx for any help,

[1] a report on my journey through Linux-Djungle can soon be found under
http://www-ae.e-technik.uni-rostock.de/home/karo/I8100-Installation.de.html
(unfortunately only in german language up to now)
--

Karsten Rothemund,
Institut f. Allgemeine Elektrotechnik, Universitaet Rostock