Re: BIOS warning: Fan(s) error on Dell Inspirion 2500

Preben Randhol  wrote:

> Have anybody experienced that suddenly when you boot BIOS it gives you a
> warning that there is a Fan error. I got this a lot and I kept turning
> off the machine without booting and then suddenly it went away. And once

Never.  My fans don't come on unless I'm working pretty hard.  But I'm
running kernel 2.4.17 with acpi patches.  Are you using APM or ACPI?
Interestingly the fans seem to come on almost immediately if I start a high
load program.  This is completely independent of the supposed fan-control
support in ACPI because the ACPI bios is broken for fans & thermal.
--
derek