BIOS warning: Fan(s) error on Dell Inspirion 2500

Have anybody experienced that suddenly when you boot BIOS it gives you a
warning that there is a Fan error. I got this a lot and I kept turning
off the machine without booting and then suddenly it went away. And once
I had to access the machine as I needed to copy something for a lecture
and then I got the error. I booted Linux and copied the stuff, but the
fans were working and cooling the machine and nothing bad happened. Then
when I tried it later I didn't get the problem again.

Does anybody know what it is? When I turn on the machine the fans do go
around for some time before bios starts.

I will call Dell to ask, but I just wanted to know if others have
experienced the same.

Preben Randhol
--
Preben Randhol         «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»