Re: Fun and excitement with Dell Latitude C600

David Z. Maze <dmaze@debian.org> writes:
> Further enlightenment comes from booting single-user.  Check i8kctl;
> oops, temperature's a bit high, turn on the fan.  Wait.  Turn off
> fan.  Wait.  Load sound drivers.  Wait.  Load PCMCIA...instant
> reboot.

And still further enlightment: I have issues if PCMCIA starts, brings
up the wireless card, and it goes to DHCP as opposed to picking some
static address.  (Practically, this translates to "my laptop is
allergic to my office at work".  Hmm.)  Disabling the 802.11 card and
putting in a CardBus 100baseT card and letting it pick up a DHCP
address works fine.  Is there some well-known combination of software
that causes this?  (Again, tracking sid, kernel 2.4.17, standalone
pcmcia-cs modules.)

	-- Abra Mitchell