Re: PCMCIA network problems at startup

On Wed, 2002-04-03 at 18:08, Brian Mays wrote:

> Is there also a line that reads "auto eth0" in /etc/network/interfaces?
> If so, delete that line.  This might be a bug in the installation
> scripts.

Wow, thanks for your quick reply! (And sorry for my delay ;)

No, there is no such line in the interfaces file.  Only thing referring
to eth0 is the usual 'iface eth0 inet dhcp'.

I'm a bit confused about the interaction between /etc/network/interfaces
and /etc/pcmcia/network.opts.  My understanding is that the information
in /etc/network/interfaces takes precedence, and eliminates the need to
set anything in network.opts.

Or should I be setting DHCP="y" in network.opts?  If I do so, should I
remove the eth0 line from interfaces?  Any other suggestions?  I'm a bit
new to all of this, so perhaps I'm missing something obvious.

--Josh