Re: Mouse and trackpad problems

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 03:29:33AM +0200, Riccardo Gusso wrote:
> But the trackpad is completely unusable (and
> the same for the additional ps/2 mouse I have). I don't really know what I
> have to write in XF86Config about mouse section; for the moment I have:
>
> Protocol     "PS/2"
> Device       "/dev/psaux"
> Emulate3Buttons
> Emulate3Timeout  50
>
> and gpm is configured as '-m /dev/psaux -t autops2 -Rms3'.
> Before I had installed another distro, RH 7.1, and I had no problems with
> trackpad. Could you give me some suggestions on how to configure XF86Config
> and/or gpm?

    Run gpmconfig as root and change the mouse type to ps/2 and the repeat
type to raw -- gpm and X must agree on the type of mouse you have or
your mouse will develop multiple personality disorder. :-)

    I recommend changing the mouse device in XF86Config to
/dev/gpmdata too -- it's made the mouse more responsive and less
'jumpy' on every machine I've tried it on.

--
Joseph Fannin
jhf@rivenstone.net

"That's all I have to say about that." -- Forrest Gump.