pcmcia load at boot

I run sid on a Toshiba Portege 3480, and if I have some questions about
using a pcmcia network card.

Is there some deep reason that the pcmcia startup script (in init.d) isn't
run until runlevel 2? Since the ifupdown stuff is in rcS.d this means that
the pcmcia card won't be configured unless I remove it and reinsert it or
do a "ifconfig eth0 up; dchclient" somewhere else.

What's the best way to handle this? Should I just add something like
/etc/rcS.d/S38pcmcia to load the pcmcia stuff ahead of the network
configuration?

/patrik

--
pan@botong.org