Re: ACPI and suspend

Alan Shutko wrote:
Derek Broughton <dbroughton@netcom.ca> writes:

Almost.  Level 1 is easy and fully supported. If you're running the
latest ACPI patches with swsusp you can do suspend-to-disk, but over
on ACPI-devel they're still arguing about how much of the swsusp stuff
to incorporate.

Cool!  Is that in the version in the 2.4 kernels, or only in 2.5?

(I have to try 2.5 anyway to see if the latest works with my
laptop... apparently 2.4.18 doesn't.  Strange, I thought it used to on
older ones....)

iirc, it is _not_ currently in 2.5 - the author was too busy testing 2.4 and ran into some problems with 2.5 that he wanted to put off until he had 2.4 working.
--
derek