ignore system APM suspend on AC power

Dear all,

Please, forgive me if this is a FAQ. I did read a lot of documentation,
and did a google search, and I still did not find an appropiate
answer. If this is documented somewhere, I would apreciate a pointer to
the proper documentation.

I am using woody in a Fujitsu C-series laptop, with kernel 2.4.18 and
apmd 3.0.2-1.15.

I would like my laptop to ignore system APM suspend and standby requests
from BIOS calls when on AC power.

The relevant (Woody default) part of /etc/apm/apmd_proxy reads:

==========
SUSPEND_ON_AC=false
[ -r /etc/apm/apmd_proxy.conf ] && . /etc/apm/apmd_proxy.conf

if [ "${SUSPEND_ON_AC}" = "false" -a "${2}" = "system" ] \
        && on_ac_power >/dev/null; then
    # Reject system suspends and standbys if we are on AC power
    exit 1  # Reject (NOTE kernel support must be enabled)
fi
==========

and /etc/apm/apmd_proxy.conf has correctly set:

==========
SUSPEND_ON_AC=false
==========

However, the laptop will enter standby mode even on AC power.

What makes me wonder, is the note "Reject (NOTE kernel support must be
enabled)". The APM related configuration of my kernel is

==========
$ grep APM /boot/config-2.4.18
CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
# CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
# CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set
==========

After reading the documentation from all of them, it seems to me that
none of these options is related to rejecting system suspends.

In my searches I did find some (old) kernel patches that seemed related
to this feature.

Does somebody know which is the kernel configuration that needs to be
set?

Does somebody know if  this feature works on stock kernels, or does one
need to patch it?

Thank you very much in advance,

Jaume