Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro 420cdt without floppy

> I really appreciate all your kind words.  I might try to install the hd into
> another working Toshiba, and see if that would work.  Then I would have an
> option if loadlin goes sour.  Yet, I would still like to identify useable vs
> non-useable floppy drives :)

Well, I've had extremely good behavior out of loadlin myself;  both on Toshiba
laptops, and on, errm, older desktop systems too, where we weren't too sure
LILO would do the Right Thing.

Just make sure your kernels are always visible on the FAT filesystem and
you'll be fine;  given the description I assume you're saving the windows
parts, so just create a /linux directory to keep loadlin's stuff in.

* Heather Stern * star@ many places...