IRDA

Hi

I'm determined that one day I may actually be able to get my Irda
port working on my Debian GNU/Linux laptop.  The Irda port is
/dev/ircomm0.

I've now found out that although I'm used to using Irda with and SuSE
latop - plug in hard drives - the list of instructions that is used
to start the software is completely diferent than those used to start
the same software in an SuSE system.

Looking into the docs I find that I can edit the /etc/irda/drivers
file so that /dev/ircomm0 is defined.  Then when I type in
'/etc/init.d/irmanager start' it says ...

Starting IrDA manager: sh:  /proc/sys/net/irda/devname:  No such file
or directory.    Looking at it there is nothing in /sys/net.   No
config files or anything.

 I've attached  /dev/ircomm0 which is the IF port.  Also tried
Irdadump but that doesn't work either.  Probably because I can't
start irmanager.

Can anyone explain why I can't get Irmanager to start ?  Must be a
good reason for it.  I've installed ..  irda-common 0.9.5-2  ...  and
... irda-tools 0.9.5-2 ...  is there any other Irda package that I
should install ?

I was able to meet Nokubi Takatsugu at the New York Linux Expo at the
Javits Center last month.  He's a really nice fella but he says he's
not very good at English.  Which probably explains why I can't get
any help with my Irda problems.

Thanks

--
Richard