Re: IRDA

Hi!

DON'T even think about using the irmanager, it's been discarded a long time..
Since you aren't specifying which irda device you are trying to use, nor for what purpose. let's assume you just want to connect your palm or mobile phone =)
insmod irda
insmod irtty
insmod ircomm
insmod ircomm-tty
if all the modules load correctly you use irattach /dev/my_tty_that_isnt_a_serial_but_serial_driver_say_it_is -s
this should bring up your irport to start looking for irdevices..
if you place your unit infront of the irport.
now typ cat /proc/sys/net/irda/discovery
if you then see a line that somehow indicateds that you have a device.
then all should work fine..
now point all software to use ircomm0 instaed of a standard serial device like ttyS0..

hope this helps..
--
	/Johan