Re: 2.4.17 kernel & pcmcia problem

Tom Allison <tallison1@twmi.rr.com> wrote:

> I have managed to get this working with 3.1.31-7.  However, my kernel
> drivers are selected for a driver 'orinoco' while the pcmcia package
> based drivers are wlan_cs.  The wlan_cs drivers are the older drivers
> for the D-Link DWL-650 and are being replaced by these orinoco
> drivers.  It's a real problem whenever I try to load in a new kernel
> and have all these drivers conflict like this.
> Using the pcmcia-source, I was able to get the card working, but only
> as a wvlan_cs driver based card.
> Using the kernel drivers and the upgraded pcmcia-cs utilities, I was
> able to get back to the orinoco drivers, for the time being.

As I have mentioned before, if you want to use the new drivers (the
"orinoco" driver not the "wlan_cs" driver), then you do not need to
install a pcmcia-modules-2.4.17 package.  The pcmcia-cs package has been
fixed to support these new drivers.

Remove the pcmcia-modules package and the conflicts will go away.

- Brian