Re: DWL-650

On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 12:32, Tom Allison wrote:
> I have been using this card for a while under Linux with the wvlan_cs
> driver for 802.11b Prism II cards.
>
> I want to move over to the orinoco_cs driver.  If I change the kernel
> I have to spend hours fiddling with trying to get this driver working
> again.
>
> There used to be a website that had specifics, in great detail, on how
> to get this D-Link DWL-650 NIC working with the orinoco_cs driver.
> But I've spent two days looking for it and have come up with nothing.
>   It was originally a post on a web-zine.
>
> Does anyone have any help they can throw my way on how to get this
> working?  I think the biggest hang-up I've got is that I have no clue
> how to identify this device in the /etc/pcmcia/config file.  I know
> it's not listed there, I always had to edit that file myself for the
> wvlan_cs too.

If you do have any luck I would be interested in hearing about it as
well - I have recently got one of these and it is working well with the
linux-wlan-ng drivers (0.13pre1), but it would be nice to not have to
depend on a non-Debian package.

I did try the orinoco_cs package (amongst others) but could not get it
to work.  I managed to make the config file changes and to get pcmcia
card (kernel 2.4.17) at which point I gave up.

Regards,
					Andrew.
Andrew @ Catalyst .Net.NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St, Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/        PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)916-7201    MOB: +64(21)635-694    OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
       Are you enrolled at http://schoolreunions.co.nz/ yet?