Re: AMD's PowerNow?

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 05:40:08PM -0500, Brett Sealey wrote:

> So, any comments on how ACPI helps? Can it exploit PowerNow or is it
> something else that makes it run cooler?

The main trouble with ACPI on Linux appears to be that Linux's support
for it is still in fairly early stages and may or may not be stable
(ACPI is a pretty complex way of approaching the problem - it involves
things like having the BIOS provide an interpreted language the OS can
use to invoke hardware frobbing stuff).