Re: AMD's PowerNow?

There's been a bit of bitching about the lack of info from vendors but
no-one has picked up on Mark's comment, and talked about ACPI.

I've got an AMD notebook with PowerNow and ACPI support (in BIOS) and have
exchanged email with someone who said that theirs (same model, but
higher clock speed) was overheating UNTIL they enabled ACPI in the linux
kernel.

I'm just getting around to doing it myself but the direct implication is
that ACPI allowed his linux laptop to run cooler...

So, any comments on how ACPI helps? Can it exploit PowerNow or is it
something else that makes it run cooler?

Brett