Re: Dell Latitude C810: Xserver problems and installation page

> The Server typically crashes when the system is under "heavy load".
> Moreover, I found out that the root user doesn't experience these
> problems, only a normal user does!
Sounds like you're running out of disk space / memory for the normal user,
while root still has his 5% reserved space to use. I had a weird problem like
this once.
Also, check the writing permissions for normal users in general. Maybe the
user can not write to swap /tmp or such.

Good luck,

Ralf