Re: IRQ Conflicts ?

From: "Cassandra Lynette Ludwig" <cass@ophiuchi.net>

> Not wishing to start a debate, but just setting some facts straight here

???

Given that Erik's 'facts' were correct, what's not to debate :-)  And what's
wrong with debate anyway, as long as it doesn't degenerate to flame wars.

My experience is that 2.4 support is excellent.  It's just a complete pita
to configure :-(.

In my case, I had to go with a 2.4 kernel because I have an agp video and I
needed both XFree 4.x and kernel 2.4 for the agpgart support.  The laptop
worked just fine in VGA mode with a default potato install, but needed major
work to get both video & pcmcia to work at the same time with woody.

(iirc, the 2.3 kernels were never intended for prime-time.  odd-numbered
versions are developers toys)

As to Klaas' comments on the Dell Latitude, you're ahead of me.  I haven't
got apm or acpi to work on my Dell Inspiron 2500 with _any_ kernel. :-(

derek