Re: Why Linux on a Laptop?

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Alec wrote:

> That's why I was curious as to what their motivation was. I hope my answer
> satisfies you.

Well I'm a retired teacher; nowadays I don't do anything the
world considers productive, just a little volunteer work,
etc. Instead I do stuff that's fun.  So, having never owned a
laptop, I got a $250 used thinkpad on ebay.  It had no OS so I
installed a small DOS partition (for WordPerfect 5.1, and
dosemu) and Linux. Then I got into IP masquerading the thinkpad
from my desktop, for fun, figuring out ssh, again for fun.

So, I guess untrammelled hedonism is my motivation.

--
Hugh Lawson
Greensboro, North Carolina