Re: Why Linux on a Laptop?

Ciao :)

At 19.50 30/11/01 +1100, Daniel Pittman wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Alec wrote:
> I'm wondering what everyone's motivation is for using Linux on a
> laptop instead of Cygwin + Windows.

Windows and Cygwin have *never* equaled, let alone beaten, my Linux
system for stability. It's not that hard to make a Linux system as
unstable as a Windows one, but the reverse is hardly true, in my
experience.

        It's all true ... probably he was trying to start a big flame ... :(

I'm a road and rail eng. and I can say that my linux laptop give me better performance and especially a better stability ... I had w98 on it, but after a period of boot choosing, I cut off w98 and I left gnulinux ... It's not my webserver but a smarter workstation and I have it with me on my work in office and on the ground ... probably he works in a laboratory on his bedroom in front of a play station ...

        at last , no more blu screen  :)))

   bye :)

Miki :)