Re: kde & power savings

Tuukka Toivonen wrote:

The problem is that the hard drive will park (spin down) and then in <1
second, spin back up again.  This repeats ad infinitum regardless of my

Depending what the actual problem is, noflushd might help. I just
installed it into my Thinkpad 560X and seems to work fine.

One thing, however: there's a prepackaged .deb but it requires newer
libc and won't work with Potato (I suppose Woody is ok).
I had to compile it from source.

noflushd.sourceforge.org

--
| Tuukka Toivonen <tuukkat@ee.oulu.fi>       [PGP public key
| Homepage: http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~tuukkat/       available]
| Studying information engineering at the University of Oulu

I've done that.

It's part of the Battery Powered Howto. I was hoping to avoid rehashing the elements of power saving that are more generic to Linux as that doesn't seem to be the problem.

If I run fvwm2 it's OK.  Gnome is OK too.  KDE is not.
I don't know how to trouble-shoot this kind of problem at this point. If you have any suggestions, please don't keep them to yourself!

If it's disk io, is there some way to track it...?