Re: kde & power savings

>> The problem is that the hard drive will park (spin down) and then in <1
>> second, spin back up again.  This repeats ad infinitum regardless of my

Depending what the actual problem is, noflushd might help. I just
installed it into my Thinkpad 560X and seems to work fine.

One thing, however: there's a prepackaged .deb but it requires newer
libc and won't work with Potato (I suppose Woody is ok).
I had to compile it from source.

noflushd.sourceforge.org