Re: Keyboard entry

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Tom Breza wrote:

> What appears in ya login when u type? is it your username?

i see my user name login. It appears normal

and then i'll type in the password

and then it will see wrong login,

and when i type again I start seeing strange characters in the login in
which i type

> did u change mapping of the keyboard??

NO, I left it at stardard, i believe

> Do u use some funny symbols like #~'@.,/"$%^*()|\` etc in ya password?

No. dont see anything under password

> If u choose diferent keyboard layout then some of keys are move on,
> did u check what happen in systemlog? /var/log/syslog when u back to
> console?

good idea

> and most basic (don't be angry) is the keyboard pluged proper?!

nope. its a good idea, but the keyboard works fine under kernel 2.2

> I maen is it push in to slot ? or is it not change with mouse?
> ps/2 keyboard, mouse have sam plugs.
> Many ppl makes such basic errors :>

very ture.

thanks