Re: X11 at different resolution for I8000.

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Massimo Dal Zotto wrote:

> > But now that I can play all these games and look at these nice graphics,
> > I'd like to switch resolutions to something else than 1400x1050, but
> > when I change to other modes, it doesn't look so good (some kind of
> > delay/refraction going on)..

Laptop screens aren't like CRTs - They're generally only made to show one
resolution: Some laptops [my thinkpad, for example] can 'magnify' a smaller
resolution up to the optimal one, but you always get artifacts or blurring
when you do this. Others simply use a smaller area in the middle of the
screen to display lower resolutions.

--
There's an old proverb that says just about whatever you want it to.