Re: X11 at different resolution for I8000.

> Hi guys, I have a Inspiron 8000 and it works great. I've just finished
> setting up DRI if anyone needs help with that I can prolly help you a
> bit (been working on it for over a week :) Doesn't seem to be very
> stable but I'm not blaming my install for that ;)
>
> But now that I can play all these games and look at these nice graphics,
> I'd like to switch resolutions to something else than 1400x1050, but
> when I change to other modes, it doesn't look so good (some kind of
> delay/refraction going on)..
>
> I guess I need the modelines for these other modes, if anyone has them
> or knows a fix for this, I would really appreciate it!
>
> Thanks!
> Yannick
>

> --

Could you please post some details about DRI?

Regarding the other resolutions forget about them. The only other resolution
I have been able to use with the I8K is 1280x1024, but 1400x1050 looks much
better.

You could instead use the vesafb at 1024x768 for the virtual consoles.
You get a nice screen of 128x48 characters. To activate it compile the
vesafb into the kernel and add the following option into lilo.conf:

  append="vga=791"

--
Massimo Dal Zotto

|  Massimo Dal Zotto               email: dz@cs.unitn.it               |
|  Via Marconi, 141                phone: ++39-0461534251              |
|  38057 Pergine Valsugana (TN)      www: http://www.cs.unitn.it/~dz/  |
|  Italy                             pgp: see my www home page         |